I woke up to some rather exciting news today. It has come to my attention that Adore&Ärdor has been nominated for a Leibster Award! The lovely Kat from Made by Makeup (http://madeupbymakeup.com/) has nominated my blog for this award which allows young blogs (with less than 200 followers) to share their work amongst the blogging hemisphere and gain exposure. I couldn’t be more thrilled to be a nominee, so thank you Kat. I truly appreciate it! 🙂
Here are some rules each nominee has to follow:
Rule 1) You must link back to the person that nominated you.
Rule 2) Post 11 random facts about yourself.
Rule 3) You must answer the 11 questions given to you by the nominee before you.
Rule 4) You must then pick 11 bloggers (with under 200 followers) to be nominated.
Rule 5) You must come up with 11 questions for your nominees to answer.
Rule 6) You must let your nominees know that they’ve been nominated on their blog.
And so I begin!
Eleven Random Facts about myself…
1. I haven’t eaten a McDonald’s burger since I was 14 years old
2. I used to be a roller-skating pro when I was younger, winning trophies and a gold medal (how 80’s of me)
3. I am originally from India, grew up in NZ and now in Australia. But I’ll always have a strong kiwi accent …’sweeeet as!’
4. I may have an unhealthy obsession with cats, crazy cat lady in the making right here
5. My friends tell me I am the strictest friend they have because I’m a stickler for time
6. Anything sweet in taste, I can’t eat it hot in temperature
7. My guilty pleasure are the Kardashians and DailyMail is my daily read
8. My nickname is ‘delicate darling’ because I bruise like a peach
9. A major phobia is injections. I once listened to Kanye West’s song ‘stronger’ for courage right before a vaccination shot
10. If there was an award for ‘the most technologically retarded person’ – I would be a front runner
11. A statement necklace is my ‘it’ accessory for all seasons
Kat’s Questions for me:
What is the first beauty product you owned?
A jet black kohl eye pencil. Being Indian, I’ve always been drawn to it and even till this day, an eye pencil is my beauty staple. I love the femininity and seductiveness of kohl rimmed eyes.
What is the best beauty advice you have been given?
My mother always stressed to keep a natural look as much as possible. She told me to never mess with eyebrows or dye hair often growing up, but indulge in oil hair massages instead. I believe this advice was crucial to me, especially during the awkward experimental teenage years. It’s been instilled in me since then.
What would you rather – never be able to wear mascara again or never be able to wear foundation again?
I am happy to go without either! Just give me some warm pink blush and I am a happy girl.
Would you prefer to do your own hair and makeup or get it done for you?
I worked as a make up artist for almost two years, so I know what works on myself. With that being said, I definitely prefer using my own tools, tricks and technique. As for hair, I am a rookie so best to leave that to a pro 🙂
If you could wish for three things, what would they be?
This is a tricky one! On a global scale, I wish to eliminate any form of cruelty to animals – animal testing and wearing fur, just to name examples. As for myself, I wish to have success in my desired career and travel the world many times over. There, that’s three!
Who’s blog is your favourite to read?
Gary Pepper by Nicole Warne. That girl simply can do no wrong and her blog is the one of the reasons why I started blogging in the first place. I am literally obsessed with her glamorous life!
What is one thing you could not live without?
On a day to day basis, I cannot live without my iPhone! It is my connection to all things I need to survive daily – calls to friends, Skype with family, zoning out to my favourite tunes, checking emails and my addiction to Instagram and Pinterest.
Who inspires you?
I don’t have one person in particular, but anyone who hasn’t given up after one failure, taken a risk and has had the courage to go after what they want.
What is one makeup item you want to try?
Bronzer! I usually stay away from it, yet always wondered how I’d look with contoured chiseled cheekbones.
What is one thing your readers may not know about you?
My obsession with perfectly thick, groomed eyebrows. The look is innocent yet powerful at the same time, don’t you think?
Phew! And now on to my nominations:
1. A Hint of Chic – blogging all things on trend right now in a fun, informative way
2. Wllwproject – a personal concoction of fashion, photography, food and travels
3. Luxe for Less – affordable alternatives to designer fashion
4. Fashion Diaries by K – a great new personal style blog of colourful, preppy style
Honestly, it’s been hard finding 11 blogs with under 200 followers, as I am new myself and following mainly established blogs but looking forward to your answers
And so adoring bloggers, my questions to you are:
1. Describe yourself in a few words.
2. Who are your favourite designers/labels?
3. What inspired you to begin blogging?
4. Your three dream dinner guests?
5. Your one fashion and beauty pet peeve?
6. Which countries would you most like to visit and why?
7. What is the most adventurous thing you’ve done?
8. What does ‘style’ mean to you?
9. What is your vice or guilty pleasure?
10. Your biggest achievement?
11. What would be your ideal vacation?
Thank you to all the fellow bloggers for creating fun websites and daily inspiration!